Pembrokeshire 3rd Sector Learning Network (P3LN)
This network was formerly known as the Training Advisory Group (TAG)
P3LN is a network of those within the voluntary and community sector in Pembrokeshire who have an interest in training. Some of the members belong to organisations who offer learning or training opportunities.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Explore opportunities for working together and partnership working to share best practice, combine resources, or bid for funding
- Provide representation. Members of the group are representatives on a number of strategic networks, such as the Pembrokeshire Learning Network, Basic Skills Taskforce and so on.
- Share information and keep up to date with what’s going on in Pembrokeshire Wales and the UK with regards to training and learning.
- Promote learning opportunities or services though the Training Programme, Online Community and PAVS website.
- Put together responses for national and local consultation where appropriate.
The network meets quarterly and the meeting dates are set from the start of the year. The remaining meeting dates are 17th October 2008 and 12th December 2008. Click here for a recent example of minutes from this group.
The network is facilitated by Louise Walters who has been working in PAVS since April 2004 when the Learning in the Voluntary Sector Project began. Louise was originally a Project Assistant, and shared her time between the Training Project and the 123 Communicate ICT project, but is now a full time Training Support Officer. As well as providing the secretariat for P3LN Louise is responsible for organizing and producing the quarterly training programme, updating the website, facilitating the online community as well as general training / course related tasks (including ordering the lunches!)
Other local networks Louise is involved with include the Pembrokeshire Learning Network, Adult Learners’ Week Festival Group, Learning Zone planning group and Carers into Employment.
To contact Louise by phone call her on 01437 769422 or click here to send Louise an email.